fbpx

Start Saving on Flood Insurance

United Flood Insurance offers reliable flood insurance coverage at rates you can afford. Contact us or call 1-833-FLOOD55 to get started!

Contact Us
How We Got Started

How We Got Started

United Flood Insurance was set up after the government allowed private insurance companies to write flood insurance. With the collaboration of insurance masters, mapping experts, elevation professionals and some academics, our company was established.

Flood Insurance Agents

Working to Save You Money

When your property is located in a flood zone, your mortgage is going to require you to have flood insurance. What most people don’t know is that there are other, better options than the National Flood Insurance Program, or NFIP.

When I was buying a new home, I did as much research as I could to find the best ways to save money without compromising quality. Carpeting, floorboards, appliances – I was fully invested in comparing options in order to meet my budget. When I got to the homeowners insurance, I called a few agencies and was able to get a great competitive policy from a local agent. That’s when I found out about flood insurance. The NFIP wanted $1200 a year for flood insurance!

I asked my agent what other options there were, and he wasn’t sure. Naturally, I did some research and found a reputable private insurance company was willing to write my flood insurance for $750 dollars a year. They offered the same limits and deductible, the only thing different was the price. I was shocked! How could this even be possible? How could NFIP be 37.5% more expensive>

Licensed Flood Insurance Agents

I would later find out that NFIP covers 90% of flood insurance in the US, and that means they experience a lot of claims whenever flooding occurs anywhere in the country. While 90% of their policies will never experience a claim, NFIP raises the premium for ALL of their members to cover the cost of the other 10%. That’s not fair. I don’t want to pay 37.5% more because there was flooding on the other side of the country, I want to pay a reasonable price for my property in accordance with the exposure in its area.

I asked my friends what they paid for their flood insurance. All of them had policies with the NFIP. Every time I compared rates, I was able to save them 20%, 30%, and even 40% for the exact same coverage. They told their friends, who told their friends, and eventually what started as a small favor grew into a small business. This is where we are today, helping thousands of people across the country save money on flood insurance for the exact same limits and deductibles offered by the NFIP.