Learn More about our Flood Insurance Policies

United Flood Insurance is not only #1 in pricing, but in knowledge and customer service as well. Still have questions? Call 1-833-FLOOD55!

Contact Us


1. Do I need Flood Insurance?

If your home is in a flood zone and you have a federally backed mortgage, you are required to purchase flood insurance.

2. How do I find out if my home is in a flood zone?

If you are not sure if your home is in a flood zone, you can contact your mortgage company or one of our licensed insurance agents to help you get more information.

3. What if I don’t live in a flood zone - do I still need Flood Insurance?

While it isn’t required, your home is still left exposed to potential flooding and your homeowner’s policy will not cover it. According to the NFIP, 20-25% of flood claims occur outside of high-risk areas, also known as Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHAs). If you live outside of a flood zone, your policy could be as little as $100 a year. Ask one of our licensed agents if flood insurance is right for your home – call 1-833-FLOOD55!

4. I currently have Flood Insurance through the NFIP. Do I have to wait until the end of my policy to switch to United Flood Insurance?

No! The NFIP will prorate your insurance, so you only pay for the time coverage was offered. This way you do not have to worry about our policies overlapping. We can bind coverage for you today so you can start saving money NOW.

5. Wait, how come my Homeowner’s Policy doesn’t cover flooding?

Insurance companies did not want to offer flood insurance to homes in flood zones because of the potential risk associated with a massive flood claim in a concentrated area. The NFIP was originally created to offer this coverage, but has become prohibitively expensive for a number of reasons.

Still have questions? Call the flood insurance policy professionals at United Flood Insurance today!
1-833-FLOOD55. We are licensed to serve nationally, including the states of Texas, New York, California, and Florida.